Lyndi Cohen, SunRice Health and Wellbeing Ambassador shares some quick and easy recipes to beat the boredom during isolation.
Healthy 20-Minute Indian Curry
Enjoy a healthy comfort meal that’s ready to eat in just 20-minutes. Serve this wholesome (and affordable) dish with SunRice Basmati rice. SunRice Basmati rice has a delightful aroma and produces a light, fluffy texture that is ideal for absorbing the flavours of saucy and spicy cooking. Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes Serves 4
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil - Half a cauliflower, cut into small florets - 200g green beans, trimmed - ¼ cup of Tikka Masala curry paste - 270g tin lite coconut milk - 420g tin of chickpeas, drained - 400g tin of lentils, drained - 2 cups SunRice Basmati Rice, cooked
1. Cook SunRice Basmati rice according to the packet instructions. 2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on high heat. Add curry paste into saucepan and then add cauliflower and coconut milk. Stir to combine. After 3 minutes, add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes stirring occasionally. 3. Add chickpeas and lentils to the saucepan, stir and cook for around 3 minutes until warmed through. Serve with fluffy SunRice Basmati Rice.
- For best results, Basmati rice should be rinsed and then soaked for 30 minutes prior to cooking. - Legumes are a great way to add more fibre and plant-based protein into your diet. - Feel free to use a milder curry paste if sensitive to spice. - You can also add capsicum, zucchini or snow peas to this recipe. - This recipe is dairy-free, vegetarian & budget-friendly. You could also use a gluten free curry paste
Healthy Beef Strognaoff
A healthy twist on the classic favourite, Lyndi's Healthy Beef Strog is ready in 25 minutes, loaded with veggies and a great way to get a serve of grains in. Lyndi's also included her tips to make it vegetarian or dairy-free. Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 25 minutes Serves 4
- 2 cups of SunRice White Medium Grain Rice - 1 Tbsp garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil - 500g lean beef strips - 1 brown onion, chopped - 400g mushrooms, sliced - 2 Tbsp wholemeal flour - 1 Tbsp tomato paste - 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce - 500mL beef stock - 2 cups baby spinach - ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
1. Cook SunRice medium grain rice according to the packet instructions. 2. Heat a large frying pan to high with half the oil. Add beef in two batches and cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. 3. Add oil, onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned. Sprinkle flour over the mixture. Add tomato paste, mustard and worcestershire sauce. Stir. 4. Add stock slowly to pan while stirring. Bring to the boil. Return beef to pan and add the baby spinach. Cook for 2 minutes or until beef is heated through. Serve with SunRice brown rice and yoghurt.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, you could use coconut yoghurt instead of plain Greek yoghurt - You can easily make this recipe with chicken instead of beef - or use chickpeas for plant-based protein. - If you don’t have garlic infused oil, simply add 1-2 teaspoons of crushed garlic.
Lyndi's Chilli and Garlic Chicken with Infused Rice
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for healthy meal prep ahead of a busy week! Using SunRice Infusions is such an easy way to add in plenty of flavour and include wholesome wholegrains into your diet without spending much time in the kitchen. Serves: 4 Ready in less than 15 minutes
- 500g Chicken thigh fillet - 2 x 250g SunRice Steamed Brown Rice; Red Rice Infused with Chilli & Garlic - 3 large tomatoes, chopped - 1 continental cucumber, chopped - 3 Tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil - 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1. Mix together oil, soy sauce and sweet chilli to form a marinade. Pour ½ the mixture over the chicken. 2. Heat a large frying pan to medium to high. Add 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, add chicken fillets. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. 3. Meanwhile, chop cucumber & tomatoes. Place in tupperware containers along with SunRice Infusions Chilli & Garlic. Split the remaining marinade evenly between the containers.
- If you don’t have garlic infused extra virgin olive oil, use normal extra virgin olive oil & add 1-2 cloves of minced garlic. - You can easily swap chicken with fish, tofu or halloumi to make this recipe suit you. - Add chilli flakes if you like a little heat - or some sriracha. - Garnish with parsley and/or sesame seeds. - Use tamari or gluten-free soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce to make this recipe gluten-free.